Edison Pignaton de Freitas
– PhD in Computer Engineering – Embedded Systems (Wireless Sensor Networks): November 2011, Halmstad University, Sweden in co-tuition with Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
– Licentiate in Computer Engineering – November 2009, Örebro University, Sweden.
– Master of Science in Computer Science – January 2007, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
– Bachelor in Law and Social Sciences – July 2006, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
– Bachelor in Computer Engineering – November 2003, Military Institute of Engineering, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
– Exchange Student in Computer Science (3rd year) September 2001 – July 2002, Institut National des Sciences Appliquées, Toulouse, France.
Edison Pignaton de Freitas holds a position as Researcher in Computer Engineering at the Brazilian Army and as Associated Researcher at University of Brasília within the same subject. He got his Bachelor degree in Computer Engineering from the Military Institute of Engineering, Brazil, in 2003, and his MSc degree in Computer Science from Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS) in Brazil, in 2007. His PhD was achieved by a joint program between Halmstad University in Sweden and UFRGS in Brazil, in the area of sensor networks (2011). In 2001 and 2002 he participated in an interchange program for Engineering students between Brazil and France, attending to the Génie Informatique Industriel program of the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées, in Toulouse, and performing an internship at the Systems Department of the AIRBUS Central Entity, working in the A380 airplane project. Currently he continues his research in the area of sensor networks, focusing specially in hybrid wireless sensor networks, combining static and mobile sensor nodes.